Dance

Dance

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Athens

Athens 

It was about time for a new post...About what? Well...I thought a post about Athens might be nice. Athens, the capital of Greece...the place where civilization roots...where Pitagora came up with his formulas and Socrates wrote about philosophy and ethics :P

I drove to Athens this summer...and frankly I was surprised. I actually didn't expect anything from Athens...don't ask me why...for me it was just a place my brother wanted to visit eagerly. I had no expectations, no desires and no ideas what to see when we arrive there (well...I'm not completely honest, I did know about the Acropolis...but that was about it).
Let's actually start from the top...with our actual arrival...BUUUUM! TRAFFIC! (Somehow my last summer was hunted by harsh traffic conditions and infinite traffic jams :D)...so..despite the traffic I was surprised: huge city with a lot to offer...at least in my opinion. Since I had no expectations and since I was, sort of, influenced by all the negative media around Greece and the Euro-crisis...I  was amazed that everything you see in the media about it is actually not true at all. I'm not going to go into details though...so just go to Athens and see for yourself ;)

Anyways, after getting to the hotel we decided to leave our car there and use the metro to get to the center of the city. Surprise surprise...I have never seen a cleaner metro station! Hahaha :) 

Now...as with all my traveling post... here is a Top 3 of things you can see in Athens:
Enjoy my loves! Xx

1. The Acropolis

Acropolis
@Acropolis

Acropolis
@Acropolis 

Acropolis
Athens from above

Acropolis
@Acropolis

Acropolis
@Acropolis

Acropolis
@Acropolis
Acropolis
@Acropolis
Acropolis
@Acropolis


Zeus Temple Athens
@Zeus Temple

Zeus Temple Athens
@Zeus Temple

3. Streets and Architecture 

@Athens 

@Athens

These are the things I enjoyed the most about Athens. What do you think? Is there something else? I am sure! :P

12 comments:

  1. wow the place is awesome! it looks like in jerusalem :)

    btw, your followers is working now! just followed you back! :)

    xoxo



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really really great! You should definitely visit it :)

      Delete
  2. OMG Greece is one of the most beautiful countries, wonderful photos. Thank you so much for the follow on my twitter, just followed you back via gfc on your blog as well.

    kisses Pakize (Keke)

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pakize for your comment and for following me! Kisses Xx

      Delete
  3. Love your blog!!
    Check out mine, and if you like we can follow eachother on Bloglovin' & GFC? Let me know and will follow straight back! Looking foward to hearing from you

    http://www.kellyjade.co.uk

    xox
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! I really like your blog! I started following it!

      xx

      Delete
  4. hey..ı lıke it..ı was go to theoselaniko one tıme and greece but ı didnt sow athens.
    and you are cute lıke is a ewerytıme..
    love
    http://zoomlabakalim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Oguz! You should go to Athens next time your are in Greece ;)

      Delete
  5. Very nice photos!!
    Rocío
    fashioningmylifeindc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that you have visited my hometown! Well, the centre of Athens is so beautiful with amazing secret places that only a resident knows but please come back again for visiting the Greek islands. Believe me you will live amazing moments there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i always want to go there >_< the photos are so beautiful!! really cool!

    thanks for visit my blog ^^ do you want to follow each other?
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete